Certificate of celibacy
Afghan nationals residing in France can apply to the embassy of Afghanistan in Paris for the Certificate of Celibacy.
Applicants for certificate of celibacy must:
• Be present through a pre-arranged appointment with the Consular Section at the Embassy.
• Show evidence to prove that they were under the age of 18 when they left Afghanistan to become refugee in another country. Applicants who were 18 years or older when they left Afghanistan must apply for a Certificate of Celibacy in Afghanistan.
• Bring three adult guarantors who will guarantee, in writing, the celibacy status of the applicant.
• Bring two adult witnesses who can testify, in writing, about the process.
• Pay for the processing fee (10 Euro).
All applicants must also:
• Provide two standard passport size photos of themselves. Photos must be taken directly off the face and show both ears.
• Pay the applicable processing fee
• Provide documents verifying their identity, for example a passport.
• Provide documents verifying current residency status in France.
• Provide documents verifying the applicants’ current address, such as current utility bills.